Jessica and Baby Y demonstrate how to properly buckle a newborn baby into an infant car seat.
A few simple rules to remember:
– Straps should come from a slot BELOW the baby’s shoulders.
– Straps should be tightened enough that you can’t maintain a pinch in the strap at the collarbone.
– Make sure you buckle the harness at the crotch AND the chest clip.
– The chest clip should be positioned at the level of the baby’s armpits.
– Don’t put anything between the baby and the car seat that didn’t come with the car seat.
– Don’t put the baby in bulky clothing or wrap him in blankets before buckling him.
For more car seat information, see my blog at http://jessicaonbabies.blogspot.com,
and watch my other car seat videos here on the YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlVamGiSeyMU3ZprE4ACo1RKo-lKq4r3V
Like the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/JessicaOnBabies